World Food Championships Qualifiers
The Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce presents the 30th Annual Jubilee Festival of Arts September 29 and 30, 2018. Through our World Food Championships Qualifiers, local chefs have an opportunity to win a golden ticket to the World Food Championships in Orange Beach November 7-11, 2018. The Jubilee Festival of Arts has qualifying events in the Sandwich Category and Preferred Chef Category. The Sandwich Qualifier will take place on Saturday, September 29, 2018. The Preferred Chef Qualifier will take place on Sunday, September 30, 2018. We will take 6 chefs for each qualifier. Competitors in the Preferred Chef Qualifier will be required to prepare a signature dish utilizing an ingredient found during a Jubilee.
Preferred Chef Qualifier
Sunday, September 30, 2018
IN FRONT OF CITY HALL
Saturday, September 29, 2018
In front of City Hall
1. Registration with the World Food Championships if you win the golden ticket in your category (www.worldfoodchampionships.com)
2. Payment of $100 entry fee to the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce.
3. Chef setup will begin at 1 p.m. and everyone will turn in their dish at 3 p.m.
4. Competitors will prepare 50 tasting portions of the recipe to be served to the VIP "People's Choice" ticket holders. Service of these tastes will be from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tasting portions may be prepared offsite and brought to the event.
5. Competitors will prepare six portions onsite for WFC Judging.
6. Competing chefs will bring no more than one assistant to the event.
7. Submissions must be confined to the plate (i.e., no drinks will be judged). Other than the official turn-in tray, competitors should provide their own plating for their main dish.
Supplies to be provided by the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce:
1 - 10 x 10 tent
2 - 6-foot tables
1 - butane cooktop with gas supply
Tasting plates for People's Choice - May be picked up September 10, 2018 at the Chamber office.
Eating utensils for tastings and judging
There will be one area of central power for small appliances